My translation of Ramayana -1
Translation of Adhyathma Ramayana from Malayalam.
(I checked just now.There is no English translation of Malayalam Adhyathma RAmayanam. The only available book is by Swami Thapasyananda , who has translated the Sanskrit original and published it as a book,.My translation has been referred to by one lakh people.Dear friends, please bless me for being connected with this divine job)
It was in April 2012 that one of my friends requested me to translate Adhyathma Ramayana of Thunjathu Ezhuthachan from Malayalam , which was itself a translation from Sanskrit, so that it can be read during the Karkidaga Masa.It had 6 Kandams , 119 chapters and 4200 verses. I took it up for translation and completed it in 4 months. . Later I found that I was the only who has translated this great book in to English and put in the web .My search also indicates that though there is an English book translating Adhyathma Ramayanam from Sanskrit to English, there was no translation of this extremely popular Malayalam book.This Ramayana is a transcreation of Valimiki Ramayana supposed to be authored by the great Veda Vyasa. Rama by that time was considered as full Avathara of Vishnu and there are more than ten prayers addressed to Rama by various characters of Rama including Kousalya, Khara, Khabanda, Sabari and so on . And the first great Malayalam poet translated in to Malayalam poem , as if it was related by a parrot .Even today a copy of this book is preserved like a treasure by every Hindu Malayali in his home . It is read every year with great reverence in the Karkidaga montha fondly called by Malayalis as the “Ramayana month”.
I am a very ordinary person and I have never seen any miracles in my life , But while I was translating Adhyathma Ramayana , I did go through some sort of a miracle
At that time I was living alone in a flat in Koramangala, a very top notch residential area of Bangalore. While I was translating Sundara Kandam, I did go inside our kitchen for some household work,When I came out , I was shocked to see a very huge monkey sitting near my lap top.(Monkeys are not normally seen in KOramangala) and so I got scared. I went inside to bring some thing to drive away the monkey. I was also worried about safety of my laptop but when I came back without finding any suitable stick , the monkey slowly moved away from the place and went some where .I have seen any monkey after this incident in Koramangala .I firmly believe that , the great monkey came there to bless my work.
Here is index of various chapters of my translation
1. Preface to my translation http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/05/preface-to-adhyatma-ramayanam-of.html
2. What is Adhyathma Ramayanam http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/05/what-is-adhyathma-ramayanam.html
3. Bala Kandam http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/05/bala-kandam.html
4. Ayodhya Kandam http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/06/aodhya-kandam.html
5. Aranya Kandam http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/06/aranya-kanda.html
6. Kishkinda Kandam http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/07/kishkinda-kandam.html
7. Sundara kandam http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/07/sundara-kandam.html
8. Note from the translator http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/07/note-from-translator.html
9. Yudha Kandam part I http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/07/yudha-kandam-part-i.html
10. Yudha Kandam Part II http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/08/yudha-kandam-part-ii.html
11. Yudha Kandam Part III http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/08/yudha-kandam-part-iii.html
12. Afterward of the translator http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2012/08/afterward-by-translator.html
13. The Parrot of Thunjan starts singing in English http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/2013/07/the-parrot-of-thunjan-starts-singing-in.html